How to create a compliant Proforma Invoice document template for export shipments?
First at all, what is a Proforma Invoice?
A Proforma Invoice is a document issued by the exporter or seller of goods, sent to the importer or buyer of goods, to confirm and request payment for an order. Therefore, the Proforma Invoice will contain all important information including:
- Product details
- Product values
- Seller and buyer information
- Lead Times
- Shipping details (including the port of loading and port of discharge)
Also, the Proforma invoice for International Trade confirms the products that have been ordered and includes bank details requesting payment. If the Proforma Invoice dose not contain all relevant information it can cause confusion and delays to your order.
A buyer will issue a Purchase Order document that will match all details of the Proforma Invoice. So, both parties will have to counter sign both documents as these documents represent a leagally binding agreement between the buyer and seller.
Create and download a Proforma invoice template using IncoDocs, because you will get benefits from using incoDocs, for example:
- Multi Currency Invoice format
- Meet all compliance
- Stop messing around with Word and Excel templates
- Eliminate data re-entry, reduce human error
- Avoid costly delays, fines and demurrage charges