Create a Non Asbestos Declaration Document to be used in the customs clearance process
What is a Non Asbestos Declaration used for?
During the import export process, the shipper and/or manufacturer is required to submit important information and declarations, such as a Non Asbestos Declaration. Various shipping documentation and declarations are shared through to importers, freight forwarders and customs brokers to be used in the customs clearance and quarantine process.
Many different types of declarations can be made. In this case, a Non Asbestos Declaration document is used by customs authorities to determine if goods to be exported are free of asbestos material, to align with the country of import’s local laws and regulations for Prohibited or Restricted goods.
Types of Prohibited Asbestos Materials
There are several varieties over mineral silicates that belong to the serpentine or amphibole groups of rock forming materials that include:
- Actinolite Asbestos
- Grunerite (or Amosite) Asbestos (Brown)
- Anthophyllite Asbestos
- Chrysotile Asbestos (White)
- Crocidolite asbestos (Blue)
- Tremolite Asbestos
- A mixture that contains one or more of the minerals above
How to create and download a Non Asbestos Declaration Document for the import export process
In the past, some shippers have messed around with creating documents in Word or Excel templates. Shippers now use IncoDocs to digitally complete and sign a Non Asbestos Declaration document online, then download a PDF copy to share with other export documentation for each shipment.
Shippers complete Non Asbestos Declarations in minutes by eliminating data re-entry and clicking to pre-fill contact information into the document. Try it yourself with IncoDocs.
What information is included on a Non Asbestos Declaration template?
It’s important that manufacturers provide all information that is required on a Non Asbestos Declaration template to avoid having any issues or delays through the customs clearance process. Most customs departments require declarations to be provided on a company letterhead.
The details included on a Non Asbestos Declaration is quite straightforward, details include:
- Manufacturer or Shipper’s details, including company name, address and contact details
- The Declaration, one example:
- This declaration is to state that the goods shipped on commercial invoice number 36511 do not contain asbestos and have not been exposed to asbestos during manufacture. We agree to present supporting documentation for the above declaration if required. In relation to future shipments, we further agree to inform in writing to all persons to whom this declaration was given any changes that could affect the accuracy of the validity of this statement.
- Additional info (if required)
- To finalize the document the manufacturer can add their signatory details
- Place and Date of Issue
- Signatory Company
- Name of Authorized Signatory
Exporters use IncoDocs to create Commercial Invoices, Packing Lists and other shipping documentation
Exporters use IncoDocs’ cloud shipping document software to create and manage all shipping documentation in 1 place and eliminate manual data re-entry. Users eliminate data re-entry by entering data into 1 master screen then have everything instantly sync to all shipping documents required.
Shipping documents include Commercial Invoices, Packing Lists (for FCL, LCL Air or Consolidated shipments), Verified Gross Mass Declarations (VGM), Shipper’s Letter of Instruction (SLI), Forwarding Instructions (FI), Manufacturer’s Declarations and other shipping documentation.