What is an Export Packing List?
An export packing list is a detailed document that states all of the product and packaging details contained in each shipment.
Your freight forwarder will use this information when preparing the Bill of Lading with the shipping line so that the cargo can be moved around accordingly.
Packing lists are required for all
There are different ways to create a packing list, depending on the type of shipment and how the goods have been packaged:
Packing List – Full Container
This is used when 1 or more full containers are shipped.
Packing List – Detailed
This packing list allows you to detail the packages used in LCL (Less-than-Container-Load) and Airfreight shipments. This packing list allows you to group together exactly how the items are packaged, i.e. mixed pallets etc.
ssential information detailed in the packing list includes:
- Shipper and consignee name, address, contact details
- Measurements and total Net Weight and Gross Weight of cargo
- Method of dispatch, type of shipment
- Vessel and voyage details
- Port of loading, port of discharge
- Detailed list of how goods are packaged and number of packages
- Any relevant shipping marks or seal numbers used
- Authorized Signatory company, authorized signatory, signature
- Any other important information or special instructions related to the loading and packaging contained in the shipment